Other recent programs covered mobile marketing success, how to find good clients and know what they want to buy, crisis preparedness, the business case for comedy in your media, how to effectively communicate your CSR and green initiatives, the secrets of doing business in the age of social media, how to generate publicity with amazing special events, the ROI of real-time marketing and PR, and what it takes to be a CCO.
And sometimes, we meet purely to kick back and talk shop.
To join or renew your individual membership, please click here.
- Individual membership: $65. Sign up for one event and that event is FREE with a new FCCA membership ($65). Members: Your seventh meeting is free with the Frequent Meeting Card.
- Company membership:
- Gold Program/Member Sponsor: $500. Allows for five employees to attend monthly programs, and you get top listing of your company logo on program invitations emailed weekly to more than 1,000 area communications professionals—plus signage on the event poster.
- Silver Program/Member Sponsor: $300. Allows for three employees to attend monthly programs and you get your company logo listed on program invitations emailed weekly to more than 1,000 area communications professionals—plus signage on the event poster.
For company membership, please contact Randy Savicky, administrator, by email or at 203-226-6156.
- Networking and educational opportunities at monthly and annual events for a discounted member rate. Membership in FCCA gives you access to a large network of PR, marketing and comms professionals from a broad range of business settings, allowing for mentoring, idea sharing, cooperative industry efforts and career development. Our events include breakfasts, members-only events, and various educational and networking programs.
- Leadership roles on committees, which lets you decide on and contribute to program content while you expand your professional and personal network. Keep reading to see a full list of FCCA committees.
- A job board listing current openings at member companies.
- Recognition at special events. Over the years, FCCA has honored industry leaders with its Charter Oak Award. We plan to continue this tradition of an annual lunch where we celebrate a local communicator whose achievements transcend place and really help reshape the industry and our community.
- An industry voice through advocacy activities that shape public policy, improve our business climate and save the industry dollars.
- Information when you need it from our website, the members’ resource for the latest news, event information, a career center and more.
- Member discounts on monthly programs and special member-only events.
- Attend FCCA membership events (your goal: half or more)
- Join a committee and/or assist in recruiting members (bringing in your network)
- Attend the annual meeting in June (your goal: help recruit attendees and sponsorships)
- Use Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media tools to help promote FCCA meetings and events to your followers and friends
Programs Committee: This committee gives members an opportunity to learn about topics relevant to our jobs as communicators. Because program revenue is a primary source of funding for the association, we must identify and secure speakers who are engaging leaders in their field. Roles and responsibilities of committee members include: 1) Identify top-tier speakers; 2) Schedule monthly membership programs and two to three “vendor” meetings; 3) Secure venue; 4) Maintain a dialogue with a speaker throughout planning, get relevant information from him/her, and send those details and any others to the Communications & Publicity Committee. For questions and to join, contact committee co-chairs Stacey Tank, GE (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Sandra Desai, Desai Communications (email@example.com).
Communications & Publicity Committee: This committee generates awareness of FCPRA and its mission and communicates to members. Roles and responsibilities of committee members include: 1) Create and distribute press releases to area media to promote local events, association news and advocacy; 2) Use social media as another means of communication regarding FCCA events, news, etc.; 3) Create and review content related to communication for board president, website, social media, etc. For questions and to join, contact committee chair Melissa LoParco, Catalyst Marketing Communications (MLoParco@catalystmc.com).
Membership Committee: This committee is tasked with recruiting new members and maintaining current membership. Roles and responsibilities of committee members include: 1) Recruit new members—individuals, corporations and commuters; 2) Create and implement a plan to renew members; 3) Work with the FCCA administrator to contact members to renew their membership; 4) At all monthly programs, work to recruit and greet new members. For questions and to join, contact committee co-chairs Bud Grebey, Maloney & Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Rich Sharp, Marketwire (email@example.com).
Website Committee: This committee works to create, post and maintain content for the FCCA website (www.fcpra.org). Roles and responsibilities of committee members include: 1) Create and update all website content; 2) Work with the Communications & Publicity Committee to ensure FCCA branding and messaging; 3) Be timely with posting all content; 4) Maintain all necessary background programming to keep the site current. For questions and to join, contact committee chair Ken Lempit, HomeESP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“FCCA has consistently provided amazing high-quality programs and speakers that have provided me with numerous effective takeaways to implement at my organization. Also through FCCA, I have been able to build upon my network by meeting a great number of outstanding, dynamic professionals that I am easily able to tap to obtain great insight on a variety of industry questions and information.” —Kim DePra, director of marketing, the Ashforth Company, and FCCA board director/immediate past president
“It’s always refreshing to be among the dynamic and smart members and speakers at an FCCA event. I return to work with renewed vigor and appreciation for our communications field.” —Jane Lazgin, director of corporate communications, Nestlé Waters North America
“I really enjoy the diverse topics—and great presenters—FCCA pulls together. The topics are valuable to all communications professionals, not just those in PR. It’s definitely time well spent, and it’s convenient—right in our backyard!” —Kristin Kish, executive director, corporate communications, Synapse Group Inc. (a Time Inc. company), and FCCA Programs Committee member
“I try to keep up with trends in our industry through webinars and the like, but nothing beats the experience of seeing and hearing an expert, in person, give you a report from the front lines. You learn so much more from the speaker, the Q&A and your peers in the audience. It all helps me do better work for my clients. That’s what I get from the FCCA.” —Arun Sinha, president, Access Communications, and FCCA board director/Communications & Publicity Committee member
“The FCCA brings together the full spectrum of communications professionals in Fairfield County. I find the monthly meetings invaluable for personal networking as well as to keep ahead of the latest trends and developments in the field—from the new rules of marketing and PR to the latest nuances in social media to how to grow your business.” —Randy Savicky, founder and CEO, Strategy+Communications, and FCCA board member/administrator
“As a member of FCCA for more than 20 years—and as a past president—I credit the organization as the source of many valuable friendships and professional relationships. FCCA offers a rare combination of collegiality, professional development and networking opportunity that has spanned the careers of many top PR professionals and that is purposefully evolving to serve future generations. I recommend membership as one of the best investments a PR pro can make in his or her success!!” —Ellie Becker, president, E.R. Becker Company Inc.
Didn’t find the answer?
Holiday Party!! Come one, come all!
Together with PRSA and IABC Westfair, we are planning a really fun bash and we want to see you at our holiday party!! For tickets, click here